Sunday, April 16, 2006

ACS/TCS Scout Gathering

A NEW ERA and A NEW REVOLUTION!! That's the theme of the 01 Kinta, 12th Coy and 10th Unit Ranger gathering held in ACS on the 15th of April 2006. This event was a joint school (ACS and TCS) scouts gathering. I did felt ashamed that I did not help much on settting up this gathering although I'm a Form 4 exco.

The day was started off with registrations by schools and participants of competitions at 8am. Competitions started at 9am. The competitions that were Iron Scout and Iron Guide, cooking competition, mini gadget, signature hunt, fear factorand mystery competition. Please don't ask me what happened in the competition because I have absolutely no idea what happened. That's because I worked in registration while the competitions were held.

The gathering actually started at 4.30pm. It's quite fun watching the opening yells of each school. The events of the gathering includes dance sessions, banner design presentation, sketches and highlights and so on..... The gathering is quite good but not perfect but it's better than I thought it is. During the dance sessions, the environment was noisy and chaotic. It's funny that when Fearless by Jay Chou(song) was played, the ACS scouts (not included me) started doing funny kungfu moves!!

The best part of the gathering is when SMI presented their dance performance on stage. It's fun seeing my friend doing booty dance on stage!! I can't helped it but to laugh!! It's so funny!! I actually missed the ACS sketch and singing performance because I had to go home early.

I think it's a fun gathering and if we (Form 4) get the chance again, we hope to be able to do another gathering next year!!!

No comments: