Friday, May 12, 2006

Idol Fanatic

The top 3 was chosen and the finale of American Idol is coming soon. The top three are Elliot Yamin, Taylor Hicks and Katharine McPhee. Chris Daughtry was eliminated from the Elvis week. I'm quite unhappy as he is one of my favourites. I am really hoping for a Chris-Elliot finale.... but it's too bad. I thought Chris will win and he is among the best in the Elvis week. But it's was a shock result that he was out.Weeks ago, he sang some songs very well such as 'Have You Ever Loved a Woman' and 'What a Wonderful World'.

I hoped somebody out there will give him a recording contract..... I heard that he got an offer by Fuel as they wants him to be their lead singer( Just to let you know that they are an established rock band if you don't know who their are. Chris sang one of their song in American Idol which is Hemorrage). I think it's a good thing as now he can continue to do the music of his style. Remember Constantine Maroulis.., He's the lead singer in his band called Pray For the Soul of Betty. Is it a something wrong that rockers can't win the American Idol etc. Bo Bice, Constantine Maroulis and Chris Daughtry? Now back to the competition... the question now is who will win?

Elliot Yamin
He's my favourite after Chris is out. Listening back to all his songs, I must say that he is the most consistent as I did not heard any bad note from him. He has a somewhat husky voice, a voice that I'm not bored with. What I saw on Rickey.org was that he has the most comments and most of his comments are positive. I guess he has a large fan base(I'm a fan myself) and let's hope the fans vote.

Taylor Hicks
He's a singer that gives out lots of energy in his songs. He has 'unique' dance moves (Even though sometimes his songs are quite forgetable but you never forget his dance move). I hope he will be in the finale with Elliot. But anyway, I still can't see him as a winner. He got his own style in singing and I think he very suitable singing Blues or Jazz music.

Katharine McPhee
I think she is very lucky to in the competition. She's always one of the favourites to win. But I hope she will be out next week. She is good in singing and had a pretty face. But honestly, I'm really bored of her voice.

This competition is not about choosing the best singer but is about choosing the most popular singer. We'll see what will happened next week....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like what you have to say.