Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Shekinah/Foursquare Youth Camp

I'm back from camp. Really think that the camp was too short and time flies. But it was really fun. This camp was held by my friend's church, Shekinah Community Centre and Foursquare Gospel Church, USJ.. There's no need for me to tell where's the camp was held, right?.. Ok.. The speaker for the camp was Pastor Jacinta. Speaking of her, hmm.. from first glance, I thought she's the strict and boring type. Really thought that I was going to go through a boring session.. but she really shocked me. Despite her erm..'age', she is really youthful and funny. She's really approachable to teens. Oh my goodness, she even knows who Yung Joc is while I'm still wondering who's that.. For those who sat in front, they 'must really cover themselves with umbrellas'. By the way, the sessions are really good and interesting.. The camp was themed 'Who Am I". It is the first time I heard of the song called "Who Am I" by Casting Crowns and it's such a nice song..


El Sanctuary is located at a 'kaki bukit' somewhere in Alor Gajah, Melaka. There we were.. we stayed in chalets and dorms. It's a really nice place. Just one complaint. On the second day,my dorm is invaded by ANTS!! Ants were everywhere on the floor..on the beds.. in the toilet. So, during our stay there, we practically slept with ants..


Brandon!! This kid is really funny.. Actually, the church people are really funny and can laugh non-stop.. Dunno what drives them (???). Met some really nice, geeky, emo, funny, crazy people there..Yvonne, Benjamin, Yee Leng, Mei Mei, Caryn, Emily, Sue Jane, Brandon, Keith, Elmer, Ken Ee, Ken Nie, Edmund, Reynold, Eunice, Kimberly, Shereen, Chee Foo..... and the lists goes on... It's like a family.





One thing about El Sanctuary.. Dogs and puppies are everywhere. And whenever we have free time, we'll play with them. The dog below is the mum of 5 puppies. From what I had observed, this dog sleeps all day and only wakes up to eat or to feed the puppies. Haha.


We named this puppy after one of the camper, Ben. He always complained about it because he always heard people calling his name... just that not to him but to the puppy.



Night jungle trekking. It was really one of the best experiences ever. The guide, believe it or not, is a kid. Well, he looked like a 15 year-old kid but he proclaimed himself as 18 years old. Sorry, no picture of him.. because we weren't allowed to bring camera or phone during jungle trek. But anyway, it was raining and that really added to the fun. At one point, we were about to cross a river hanging ourselves on a rope but we didn't because not everyone can handle it.. Well, I was so wishing that we took "The Road Not Taken".



Sue Jane,... I'm really shocked that she's born on the very same day that I was born.. So, we are the 15 April's...

Elmer=Elmo=Emo


I really see the reason I went for this camp now. Previously, I was feeling quite down about some stuff. It was a last minute decision for me to join this camp and after this camp, I feel so rejuvenated. It's like it's God's plan for me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice man.. miss the days yo.. GONA RAWK IT ON! btw.. nice blog..

Anonymous said...

hey 15 April!! it's been a blessing knowing u & not forgetting that we both were born on the same day same year.. haha.. anyway, nice story u got there, keep it up with ur blog yah! take care.. Gob bless! avril Rocks!

Butterfly-dreams said...

hey jia wei!! ehe.. glad u had fun... glad u came oso.. nice havnig a blur fren.. ppl alwiz tease me i blur wan.. but u blurrer!! LOL.. take care = D

Eunice said...

halo!!discovered ur blog so i dropped by..hehe..nice post..love the puppy pics!!missing camp=(
anyway.very interesting posts u have !!=)

Anonymous said...

hey TRIANGLE!!lolx..nola
..i just discover your blog on caryn's page!! wow.
you really mention alot ya..
actually.. the boy who lead us in the jungle trek is only 13!!
and he proclaim himself as a 18year-old with a gf who is one month pregnant.Aiyoyo.
hahahaha..
anyway..you have a very awesome blog here!! Rock on and God Bless.

Anonymous said...

sorry.that ur-not-me fella is me..
i'm shereen!