Friday, July 11, 2008

High Praise


FIRE UP FOR CHRIST

CF High praise was held earlier today and I was part of the worship team (as backup worship singer). It was a first time experience for me and we actually have no preparation of it. We weren't able to find a time to practise and we did everything on-the-spot. I was quite happy that it went quite well as far as concern and so much for a last-minute preparation. Thank God. We did the first session and sang The Time Has Come, Adonai, Here I Am To Worship and I Adore.


I joined the ACS Closed Badminton Competition again, but now in singles. Yup. Singles. I really don't know why I did this to myself. I could had joined Doubles or Mixed Doubles but I didn't. And I paid RM5 for it.. I knew I was going to get trashed out of the competition early for the standard I'm in. But at least I beat my first opponent this time but only to see myself going against a first seeded in the next round. The results of my second match is really obvious, right? I got beaten flat. Expected. Well, for self-comforting, at least I reached the second round which I thought I couldn't.

I was selected as editor of Six Form Society recently. Initially, I had no thoughts of joining this club but my 'dear' friend, Weng Kit, nominated me in. So, somehow, I decided to give it a go. We'll be organising a 'Survivor Race' for the lower sixes this upcoming Wednesday but I don't know how the turnout is going to be like. Wednesday seems to be a busy day for everyone. Even I had to change the date of my Maths tuition for it.

Prefects Leadership Training Camp (LTC) will be on this upcoming Friday and I was selected as the leader of Group 4. The theme is Supernatural. To be frank, I'm not really fond of this theme but I had to go with the flow. There's not really a wide range of group name selections and I wondered if fantasy creatures are classified as Supernaturals or not. There are other groups who named themselves, Voldemort, Phantom and Lucifer. I decided to choose my group name as Werewolves after rejecting thoughts of other names such as Phantom or Shadow Reaper. It's not easy to be a group leader. I'm really making myself really busy now because I have to think of cheers and sketch for my group. I organised group meetings recently but there were a few members who were MIA (Missing In Action). Swt. Even till now, I haven't seen some of my group members in meeting.. Feeling like wanna taruh them teruk teruk. Swt.

-------------------------------------------------------



My Bio tuition teacher shown us this video which left me stunned. Sand Painting. It seems so easy on the video.

4 comments:

JoanC said...

the video is no longer available. lol.

btw, i want the pics taken from the survival race today.

JoanC said...

get a chatbox. easier laaaa.

Anonymous said...

hey jia wei...

good to see you being involve and active in CF....high praise sounds like a really happening event...continue to persevere k...

Lawrence said...

Hey, why dun want to get a chat box la? susah la.. cause want to inform you that my link hv changed liao..

and congrats on ur new post in CF again.. :)