Sunday, January 07, 2007

Strum & Pluck

I started learning guitar in the end of year 2005 after a sudden interest in musical instruments. To be honest, I wasn't really seriously practising until last year. You know what now, .... I love it! The guitar gives me a lot of satisfactory and pleasure like never before. Well, I can say all that's needed to get started is enthusiasm. It's not like I'm very good in it as I can still call myself a novice. Summore, I'm a lefthander that uses a right hand guitar. I don't think there's any effect though. I still remember the day when I started playing.. I couldn't even press a single string properly. And I can feel the effect on my fingers. But now, a least it's so much better... I play strumming more than plucking.. Struggling sometimes... Well, it's tough..

By the way, Hon Chien told me about Tommy Emmanuel, a guitar maestro..He also 'pinjam' me a Tommy Emmanuel CD.. Then, I searched for his videos in Youtube.. I have never heard of him before. After watching and listening, my reaction was like ................. (speechless). He's so so so so good... (instantly became a fan). Totally amazing, probably one of the best guitarists in the world.



Hon Yau shown me this one ..... incredibly fast and freakingly nice..



I have heard of Classical Gas but not this version..
Somewhere in the middle of the video (around 2.40), I just don't know what he's doing...



One of my favourites. I could listen to this forever......... it's so smooth.




Ever heard of Jamie Wilson? He is also one of the 'cekap' guitarists..
My sister's favourite....



That's him next to David Tao..



John Mayer (It's fun watching this video)



This is Roger Wang, a Malaysian fingerstlye guitarist
Singing next to him is Mia Palencia

My sis said she'll get me a Fender if I can play as well as Roger Wang........
Is that a motivation or what? Seriously, I don't think I'll ever reach that level..
Sum more SPM is comin'....... Got to be a bookworm again...

1 comment:

Joseph said...

hey keep it up man! i can see you're so very 'semangat' in playing guitar. thats good haha. let's improve together ^^