Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Great Flick!!

Just forget about Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire because there’s another film that is worth watching. And the film is called The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. I’m glad to be one of the first in Ipoh to watch this show (I watched the sneak peek midnight show in GSC Ipoh). But before you watch this movie, I recommend you to read the book first (You will understand the story better if you do so).

What is so great about this movie? This is some of my views about the movie… This movie is breathtaking…brilliant…imaginative….wonderful…magical….While you’re watching, you’ll feel like you don’t want to miss a moment. I actually quite a big fan of the Narnia trilogy and when Lucy (a character in the book/movie) first set foot in Narnia, I felt like I’m seeing Narnia for the first time. It’s a moment you’ll never forget if you’re a big fan… If you had watched The Lord of The Rings and you love watching that show… then, this is a movie not to be miss!!

Actually, The Chronicles of Narnia was written by C.S. Lewis, a great friend of our favourite The Lord of the Rings trilogy writer, J.R.R Tolkien. But don’t you compare The Chronicles of Narnia and The Lord of The Rings. In my opinion, they are very different. Some of you might think that The Chronicles of Narnia trilogy is a more childish type of fantasy. What do you expect? The Chronicles of Narnia is a work for children while The Lord of The Rings is an adult fantasy trilogy.

What is so great about this movie? When I watched or read The Lord of The Rings trilogy, I felt excited; I felt like I'm part of the show; I felt like I’m part of the army in Middle-earth; I felt that there’s always hope whenever the darkness binds me… Everything that I felt came back when I’m watching the Chronicles of Narnia. When Aslan appears, I can see hope and power!! When you see Aslan, you not only see a lion. You see the biggest and the greatest lion you had ever seen!! His size is a small elephant's; his hair is like pure gold and the brightness of his eyes like gold that is liquid in the furnace. You can see that he is wild.... but he's not evil; he's good.

The battle scene in the movie is great and exciting. A battle that will make you chill. But anyway, if you compare this battle with the battles in The Lord of The Rings (Battle of Hornburg or Battle of Pelennor Fields), of course I will say that the battle in The Chronicles of Narnia is not as big and good as the battles in The Lord of The Rings. But The Chronicles of Narnia is after all a work for children. The battle in The Chronicles of Narnia is actually very different. Instead of the usual Men, Elves, Dwarves against Orcs, Uruk-hai, Trolls in The Lord of The Rings.... , the battle in The Chronicles of Narnia includes Talking Animals and magical creatures (Centeurs, Unicorns, Fauns) lead by the true kings and queens of Narnia (High King Peter, King Edmund, Queen Susan and Queen Lucy) and Aslan against an army of weird creatures, evil drawfs, evil wolves and evil giants lead by Queen Jadis ( The White Witch) . It doesn't get any better than this!!!

Enough of the story... I think you better watch the movie and described it yourself. The visual and sound effects are brilliant!! The effects played a key role in hte movie. It is the special effects that make you feel excited and you don't want to miss a moment. When the movie ended, I just feel like I want to watch it again and again. I think this is a movie not to be miss. If you watched it, you will fall in love with the Narnia..

Rating: A

No comments: